There are so many things to think of when buying a home. It can be difficult to think of everything when you are house shopping. When you tour potential homes it can be easy to get caught up in things that may not be as important after you move in like storage, parking, and privacy.
When home shopping you should make a checklist of the things you must have in a home so you don’t get caught up in the new granite countertops or the beautifully decorated master bedroom. Think function over style when making a buying decision.
Here are some things you may want to consider putting on your must-have list.
When walking through a home make sure to make note of the amount of storage. A good staging job can disguise a home with too little storage. Imagine the home with no furniture and picture your furniture and belongings in place. If you are seriously interested in the home bring a sketch pad and measure the rooms and draw a quick sketch of walls, doors, windows and closets.
Consider the location of the home to places you frequently travel. You may only be a few miles from the store or work but what is the commute like? Do a practice run at rush hour from the home to your work. If you are moving near public transportation give that a try too. Make sure to try the commute both ways.
Enough Power and Water Imagine waking up the first morning in your new home and finding out the water pressure is barely enough for a shower or the water gets cold half way through. It is important to determine if the plumbing and wiring can accommodate your lifestyle. Check the size of the hot water tank and run a few plumbing items at a time to check the water pressure. Talk to your home inspector about the electrical system. Make sure the home inspector knows the kinds of electrical equipment you run and the number of people that will be living in the home.
Many buyers overlook privacy until it’s too late. Try to spend some time in the house. Look out the bathroom and bedroom windows and test what you see. Do a walk-through of the home and pretend to go through your day. Sit in the back yard and on the deck to see and listen to the neighbors.
Looking for a lifestyle upgrade? You will be so impressed by the spectacular floor plan, attention to detail & exceptional privacy of this meticulous custom home! There are 4 well-appointed levels, w/guest suites on both the 3rd & lower floor if you have a big family or love to entertain…but the heart of the home is its expansive kitchen, open to a stunning family room & sunroom framed by 6 sets of French doors, an expansive mahogany deck & sprawling lawns. The formal rooms & private study complete this level along w/ a mudroom & covered front porch. 2 staircases lead to a gallery & 5+ large bedrooms incl a hotel style master w/fireplace. The LL (w/separate entry) offers another suite w/full bath & 2nd laundry, living area & game rm or gym. Enjoy the privacy of a 3 acre cul-de-sac lot, w/the benefits of a great neighborhd adjacent to the school playground, soccer fields & miles of trails for recreation. Near the train & charming downtown Medfield, known for its award-winning schools!
This is a Colonial style home and features 15 total rooms, 4 full baths, 1 half bath, 5 bedrooms, 3.03 Acres, and is currently available for $1,224,900.
For complete details click here.
Medfield Listing AlertsMedfield, MA - $909,900 - Single-Family - Colonial, Antique - Rooms:14 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/11 hour agoMedfield, MA - $1,224,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:15 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/1Medfield, MA - $854,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/1Medfield, MA - $1,595,000 - Single-Family - Colonial, Farmhouse - Rooms:12 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/1Medfield, MA - $2,200 - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:1/1
Boston Listing AlertsBoston, MA - $639,000 - Multi-Family - Units:3 - Levels:3 - Parking Spaces:034 minutes agoBoston, MA - $1,900 - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/12 hours agoBoston, MA - $2,995 - Rentals - - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:22 hours agoBoston, MA - $1,650 - Rentals - - Rooms:1 - Beds:0 - Baths:12 hours agoBoston, MA - $2,300 - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:13 hours ago
Wellesley Listing AlertsWellesley, MA - $610,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/11 hour agoWellesley, MA - $1,795,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:5 - Baths:4Wellesley, MA - $1,269,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Wellesley, MA - $615,000 - Condo - Detached - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:1Wellesley, MA - $2,525,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:10 - Beds:6 - Baths:5/1
- Raffle, Auction Items Sought for Medfield Day 2014 September 12, 2014Medfield Day 2014 event is just a week away, arriving on Saturday, Sept. 20, and organizers are currently looking to add items to a scholarship fund raffle and auction. […]
- Walking Tour Sat. 9/13 to see pump equipment at State Hospital September 11, 2014Art in Public Places, a Medfield Foundation Inc. initiative, announces an Ideas Competition to creatively re-use the massive water pump components at the Medfield State Hospital. On Saturday, Sept. […]
- Medfield Vet Will be Closed for Most of Labor Day Weekend August 29, 2014The Medfield Veterinary Clinic announced late Thursday that it will be closed the majority of the weekend in honor of Labor Day. […]
- Medfield High School Named 11th Best in Greater Boston Area August 27, 2014Medfield High School has received high rankings on a new list of the "Best Public Schools in Boston 2014" by Boston Magazine. […]
- New "TEXTILE" Donation bins in Medfield - making recycling easy August 26, 2014While many families spent their summer out of town, a few things happened here in Medfield. […]
- Raffle, Auction Items Sought for Medfield Day 2014 September 12, 2014
- Tall Ships Planning Return to Boston in 3 Years September 14, 2014The stop will be the only stop in the United States that year, according to Boston Mayor Marty Walsh. Other stops will include Quebec City and Bermuda. […]
- Wake, Funeral Planned for Northborough Specialist Killed in Afghanistan September 14, 2014Specialist Brian K. Arsenault, 28, Bronze Star recipient, was valiantly killed in action while serving with Company B, 1st Battalion 504th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division in Ghazni, Afghanistan, on Sept. 4, 2014. […]
- Controversy shines spotlight on young Fall River city councilor September 14, 2014Jasiel Correia II was a skinny 13-year-old middle school student, wearing a New York Yankees baseball cap, when he attended the Fall River BOLD Coalition's first meeting almost nine years ago. After being told to remove the Yankees cap, Correia stood up and addressed a room full of local officials and substance abuse counselors about how kids his age we […]
- Allston, Brighton neighbors consider student impact September 14, 2014More than 100 residents of Allston and Brighton spent Saturday morning at a community meeting, hoping to find solutions to the strain placed on parts of their neighborhoods that are increasingly populated by transient students. The area has "experienced a steady change," said John Cusack, 50, who grew up in Brighton and has three children in local […]
- Tall Ships Planning Return to Boston in 3 Years September 14, 2014
- Wellesley gets protective of its frogs September 14, 2014We're not exactly where in Wellesley this photo was taken, but a reader passed it along . The reader assured the photographer's brother that Wellesley has a very strong frog protection agenda and noted that there's talk of Wellesley College selling 40-some-odd acres to a Frog Conservancy. […]
- Nightmares And Darkness Follow Marine Home From Iraq War September 13, 2014Kevin and Joyce Lucey remembered their son, Jeff, in an interview with StoryCorps in Wellesley, Mass. Jeff, a U.S. Marine, took his own life months after returning from a deployment in Iraq. […]
- Massachusetts Fire Officials Worried About Possible Rules Change September 12, 2014A draft document on costs of fire alarm and sprinkler systems in Massachusetts could lead to a rollback in requirements in some multi-unit residential buildings, a group of concerned fire officials said on Sept. 9. About 40 fire officials attended a meeting of the Board of Building Regulations and Standards in Wellesley, Massachusetts, to oppose the draft wh […]
- Wellesley Ranks 6th Highest in State for Property Taxes, Says Report September 12, 2014Weston ranked at the top in the comparison, with a $17,832 average annual property tax bill for homeowners. Duxbury has seen the biggest increase. […]
- Wellesley gets protective of its frogs September 14, 2014