This Single-Family in Medfield, MA recently sold for $755,000.
This is a Colonial style home and features 9 total rooms, 3 full baths, 1 half bath, 4 bedrooms, 1.30 acres, and was sold by
Kathy Murray – CENTURY 21 Commonwealth
It is almost impossible to predict the future and predicting where mortgage rates may go can be difficult too. But if you know how to watch the indicators you will have some degree of advantage. It may help you decide whether to borrow funds or wait until rates drop.
Consider that with any prediction there can always be a great deal of margin of error. Here are a few things to consider to make a more reliable mortgage rate prediction:
History can always be a good predictor. What is the economic climate? If rates are high in economic down times that you should predict that rates will rise when the same crisis hits the market.
Look not only to long-term history but also to rates recent history. Watch for the changes carefully, track them by the month. Factors to consider are: Are the rates going up or down? What factors are causing them to behave in such a way?
Factors that influence mortgage rates can be controlled by you. One of those factors is the amount of down payment you have or if refinancing the amount of equity you have in the home. Also for consideration on the rate you will receive is your debt to income ratio and your credit score. Some factors you cannot influence include the state of the real estate market, the inflation rate and the funds available for consumers.
Inflation drives most everything and always is a constant consideration of the mortgage interest. If inflation is higher, the interest rate will go up as well. Conversely, if inflation is low rates do down.
How much credit is available? If limited funds are available than mortgage interest rates will be higher.
The Bottom Line
The bottom line is you have to be flexible. You can never predict what the exact mortgage rate will be. Instead, look to the factors that influence rates. This will give you an idea of where rates are and a better picture of if it is the right time for you to take on a mortgage.
Medfield Listing AlertsMedfield, MA - $129,000 - Condo - Garden - Rooms:3 - Beds:1 - Baths:114 hours agoMedfield, MA - $1,050,000 - Land - Acres:2.9616 hours agoMedfield, MA - $430,000 - Single-Family - Split Entry - Rooms:9 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1Medfield, MA - $859,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/1Medfield, MA - $529,900 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:2
Boston Listing AlertsBoston, MA - $2,400 - Rentals - - Rooms:5 - Beds:3 - Baths:12 hours agoBoston, MA - $4,300 - Rentals - - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:24 hours agoBoston, MA - $569,000 - Condo - Townhouse, Brownstone - Rooms:4 - Beds:1 - Baths:1/14 hours agoBoston, MA - $3,100 - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:4 - Baths:24 hours agoBoston, MA - $3,000 - Rentals - - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:24 hours ago
Wellesley Listing AlertsWellesley, MA - $5,200 - Rentals - - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:27 hours agoWellesley, MA - $2,100,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/111 hours agoWellesley, MA - $549,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:213 hours agoWellesley, MA - $6,500 - Rentals - - Rooms:9 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/114 hours agoWellesley, MA - $615,000 - Condo - Detached - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:115 hours ago
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Uzo Aduba Felt Like An... August 15, 2014Uzo Aduba's transformation into Orange Is The New Black fan favorite Suzanne 'Crazy Eyes' Warren is Emmy worthy - no really, she's nominated this year. […]
- Anatomical snow drawing led to scuffle with Westfield State police August 13, 2014In December, an anatomical drawing in the snow escalated to a scuffle with Westfield State University campus police and multiple charges for a Medfield man, who received a warning on the charges this week. […]
- New Hospital Road Island Garden Continues to Grow on Hospital Road July 25, 2014A newly-sprung garden installed on an island on Hospital Road in Medfield is making its mark this summer. […]
- When Will Brothers Marketplace Officially Open in Medfield? July 24, 2014Roche Bros. has announced that it is preparing to open its next-generation "Brothers Marketplace" store in Medfield later this month. […]
- Medfield Hospital Land Bill Passes Through House and Senate July 24, 2014Both branches of the legislature passed the bill allowing the Town of Medfield to buy the Medfield State Hospital site, according to the websites of Selectmen Osler "Pete" Peterson and Richard DeSorgher. […]
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Uzo Aduba Felt Like An... August 15, 2014
- Native Waters/A Chitimacha Recollection August 20, 2014Watch the story of a small Native American tribe known as "the People of Many Waters" who are among the first people of Louisiana and heirs of an unbroken 8,000 year past in their native coastal region of the Atchafalaya Basin. […]
- 'Spare Change Guy' Arrested, Charged with Failing to Register as Sex Offender August 20, 2014John Bubier, 60, of Boston - better known to many Bostonians as "Spare Change Guy" - was arrested by MBTA Transit Police and charged with violating the state's Sex Offender Registry law. […]
- More deals will follow Boston firm's purchase of 11 local solar projects August 20, 2014The sun is rising for Zaid Ashai and his team at Nexamp, the Boston-based solar developer and operator. […]
- Tempers flared at East Boston restaurant after World Cup soccer match, but not because of the outcome August 19, 2014The owner of a Colombian restaurant on Saratoga Street and police traded accusations of insolence at a hearing today on incidents during and following the Colombia/Brazil World Cup match on July 4. El Kiosko, 972 Saratoga St., was before the Boston Licensing Board to explain a patron brawl just outside its doors and how a customer came to be found ... (more) […]
- Native Waters/A Chitimacha Recollection August 20, 2014
- 24-hours of barefoot soccer kicks off at noon this Saturday, Aug. 16 August 16, 2014The annual 24 hours of barefoot soccer event started up at noon on Saturday, Aug. 16 and goes until noon Sunday, Aug. 17. Looks like it should be great weather in which to play. […]
- Wellesley School Superintendent David Lussier joins Twitter August 15, 2014Wellesley School Superintendent David Lussier has kicked off his third year on the job by getting a little more social: He's now on Twitter. […]
- Four Play: Quarterly Filers' Biggest Mistakes August 15, 2014Weeks ahead of the next quarterly deadline for filing estimated taxes marks a good moment to look at what these filers often do wrong. […]
- Move over Wellesley Country Club: Mini golf business opens in Linden Square August 14, 2014For those of you sick of bank after spa after bank filling storefronts across Wellesley, there's a new business in town that should earn your patronage: a glow-in-the-dark miniature golf course dubbed Glowgolf . […]
- 24-hours of barefoot soccer kicks off at noon this Saturday, Aug. 16 August 16, 2014